Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Quirks

I find myself developing appreciations, attachments, to certain movies. Partly the stories, partly the actors. Even if the films are, objectively, not masterpieces. Two that come to mind have gay men in them whom I sorta like. Mostly because they approach normalcy. Redwoods is one. The other one is Almost Normal.

The story is a gay reversal time-travel fantasy (Peggy Sue Got Married meets Were The World Mine) where love between men is normal and heterosexuality is the rejected oddity. (This is before gay marriage became an article of faith.) But the appeal is the star, an actor who seems to have been a very minor flash in a very minor pan.

Truth is, he reminds me, around the eyes, of my therapist. And more than that, of a young B.



And an older B.






I like lookin' at him.

--

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me a little of Steven Crowder. Now there's a handsome and funny fellow. One of my favorite conservative commentators. His wife's a lucky woman.

-Sean

Anonymous said...

Ex, wandering on Twitchy and read a comment on a post about Jason Collins that gay people should not call themselves Christians, because Christianity is opposed to homosexuality. Which raises a question in my mind: if I believe in God as he is described in the Bible and that Jesus Christ was God incarnated who sacrificed himself for the sake of humanity, am I not a Christian? Apparently not to the poster, since I'm not following the Judeo-Christian tradition of the past few millennia on the subject. I am tempted to describe myself as deist, but I don't really see the necessity to change my self-definition based on a couple people's opinion. And are you Gnostic? I seem to recall some posts of yours in which you identify with it.

-Sean

OreamnosAmericanus said...

I am best described as a non practicing Catholic with Gnostic sympathies.

Jason Collins talks like an Evangelical. I would never let an Evangelical define who is Christian or not.

Anonymous said...

I was not refering to Collins, but a commenter on the Twitchy article. Many of his posts were insisting that God _had_ condemned homosexuality, that it was so _obvious_ that you and I are wrong, that we would find out that God disagreed with us. Wonder how he would respond to questions about "sola fide"?A shame, because I agree with the guy on a lot of other things. A No Real Scotsman argument if ever I heard one. Tempted to retort that people who divorce for a reason other than adultery should not call themselves Christian, because Jesus _did_ say that.

-Sean

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...