Thursday, May 16, 2013

X-(enophobic) Files

One of the worst X-Files episodes --even the producers wished they'd never filmed it-- is Badlaa, about a little deformed Indian beggar with magical powers and a nasty attitude who...oh, never mind. But one of the reviewers wrote an article about The X-(enophobic) Files...in which he ethico-pompously revealed to us that it raised issues of how we view poverty, race, deformity and 'otherness.'

Mother of God. "We"? Whaddaya mean "we", White man?  Anyone who talks like that already has all his answers decided on and you know who the Bad Guys are gonna be. White People Are The Most Foolish People On The Planet.

Now if a character were, say, a White Southerner who was poor and deformed, then Mr Reviewer would really be dealing with 'otherness.'

---

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm an INTJ myself. "The Mastermind," as Keirsey would put it. A thinker who is self-assured and makes decisions quickly, a good leader who avoids leadership unless he sees nobody else capable enough. A ruthless pragmatist who asks "Does it work?" in every situation. Comfortable working alone. Keep me out of the Oval Office. :)

I think my ideal partner is an ENFP- the Champion, enthusiastic, dramatic, energetic types who give people support and needed help. One of the trainers at my gym fits that description. He's taken a liking to me, always trains me when he can. I'm not sure, but he might just play for our team. Hm...

-Sean

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...