Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Animadversion

I was very much a liberal, socially and politically, for most of my life. Things began to change, as far as I remember, in 2000, when the mounting contradictions and hypocricies of liberalism made me start questioning some life-long assumptions and led to my brief libertarian phase. And then post 9/11 I found myself increasingly conservative, a phenomenon which rather shocked me. A gay conservative? Over the last dozen years I have only gotten worse. In an earlier self-description of Ex Cathedra's politics, I situated myself somewhat humorously as "slightly to the left of Ghengis Khan."

I think I have moved, as they say, dexter.



***


1 comment:

Leah said...

As long as you dont move back, Ghengis needs company

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...