Monday, October 15, 2012

Kaffee mit slag

Always been very influenced by weather, so I woke up this grey morning feeling grey. Back when I lived in Toronto, there were times in the winter (January through mid-to-late April) when the greyness and cold and deadness made me want to jump under a bus. All it took was one trip to California during a February to make me decide to get the hell out of Canuckistan, even after 17 years of living there.

I have had several people from my various pasts contact me in the last year or so and I have replied to none of them. It's rude, but how do you tell people you are no longer interested in them? Nostalgia is apparently not my thing.

I am, without a doubt, my own worst enemy. Even the vile putz who outed me years and years ago  never did any final damage. As a matter of fact, I reversed that and turned it into a strong point...for a while. But on my own, well that's another matter. Aside from some of the effects of the Obama economy, all my problems are entirely my own doing. And almost always result from not doing something.

Was thinking of that incident a while back where a student wrestler bowed out of wrestling a female. Winning against a woman brings a man no honor at all; he can really only be embarrassed by it.  And losing to one is a catastrophe for him. To put a man in such a position in the first place reminded me of what deep loathing and contempt feminists have for men. What ignorance. No respect for the shape of the masculine soul or what men need, archetypally, to be the creatures that nature designed them to be.

One of the greatest achievements of liberalism is to blind people to the presence of enemies, to disallow the very thought that people who have wrapped themselves in the sacred mantle of victim might not actually be a herd of sheep, but a pack of wolves.

A long but accurate description of how our current thought-and-power regime prevents us from seeing reality.

*For those of you unfamiliar with the Viennese beverage, Kaffee mit Schlag, Coffee with Whipped Cream, that is the phrase behind the post's title. Ex Cathedra, irritable but educational.


---








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you are as hard as you pretend to be. I think you have problems believing in love. I think you lack charity - the theological virtue of charity. I think well of you.

OreamnosAmericanus said...

Interesting assessment. Kind word.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...