Friday, April 06, 2012

Newtista

Despite his having some very good ideas, one of the things that put me off Gingrich was his constant creepy connection to his wife. I realize I don't know the names of the wives of Romney or Santorum or any of them. (Why should I? I'm not gonna be voting for them.)  But Newt's regular chant of "Callista and I" informed me of hers.

It's creepy and unmanly when, as in current Hollywood magazine parlance, a man is so enmeshed with his woman that they get a hybrid name like Brangelina or Bennifer or Billary*. Women, the queens of enmeshment and overinvolvement, love this shit. It creeps me out.

Ms Gingrich's recent desire to break into --no other word for it-- the all-male Augusta golf club further puts me off. Men need all-male spaces and connections, free from women. Any "conservative" woman who does not respect that is just another fembot.



*PS  I just noticed how the sad oppressive patriarchy continues even here. The guy's name comes first, Priority Male. If these were justly reversed, we'd have Angebrad, Jennbenn and Hillbill....y?

1 comment:

Leah said...

Women are allowed everywhere and at the same time retain exclusive spots for themselves.
It's only fair, fairness means being better than everyone else and having the right to lord it over the unwashed masses.
I'll stick with the masses.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...