Sunday, April 15, 2012

Gene pool dining

Saturday dinner with Bro #3, wife and child: Pulled pork, shoulder dryrubbed and slow smoked for six hours in his big backyard barbecue, with rice and beans, guacamole, salad and chianti.

Sunday dinner out with Bro #1 and wife: Shared grilled calamari with lemon, meatballs of prosciutto and mortadella in tomato sauce, then gnocchi with fennel sausage and mushrooms, a Ligurian white, blood-orange sorbet and coffee.
When I asked the waitress for Pinot Grigio, she said they didn't have any. When I said, No Pinot Grigio in an Italian restaurant? she replied curtly, It's because we're an Italian restaurant that we don't have Pinot Grigio...That would surprise the folks in Friuli and Veneto. Clearly the girl was periodic or something. But I enjoyed the meal so much I forgot to cut her tip in half. I really need to bone up on my vindictiveness.

On the way home, at Spring and Lafayette,  I missed by inches being run down in the one way street by a speeding cyclist going the wrong way. Close call.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...