Monday, January 10, 2011

Random shots

As I walked my out-of-town friend and her husband to the Castro subway last night, I ran into a very small group of gay wackos with candles and signs, holding a vigil for the Arizona massacre victims and announcing that former AIDS activist turned homo crackpot Cleve Jones would speak, blaming Sarah Palin and pointing out that now "we" are all at risk. God, sometimes I just hate gay men and their compulsive victimism.

Apparently the woman who discovered homosexuality in the new translation of the Mass realized I was gay, at the dinner the other night. I guess mentioning my boyfriend kinda gave the game away. (It was a historical reference; I remain still in both Facebook categories, "Single" and "It's complicated".) She later asked my friend if she had offended me and my friend assured her that I was not offended, simply at a loss to understand what she could meant. "He knows those texts in the original language. To him the translation just seemed literal, not gay." So I told my friend to tell her next time she saw her that I was not offended, I just thought she was dumb.

I hope no one tries to tell me that violent political speech from the right caused the Arizona
shootings. After listening to the vitriol, contempt and loathing heaped on GWB and his folks for eight years by the left, don't even try it. Nasty political speech is part of life in a democracy. Everyone does it. Always have, always will. It does not create paranoid schizophrenics like the Arizona shooter. He seems more left than right to me, in fact, but that makes no difference. Basically, he seems to be crazy.

Funny though, how MSM can be puzzled as to why American Muslims gun down fellow soldiers or want to blow up Time Square or Christmas tree lightings --what could possibly have driven him (this post-9/11 heir to a 1400 year old tradition of jihad) to do this to his fellow citizens?-- but the motivations of an obvious madmen, a white male, are crystal clear in an instant.

I have sometimes thought that I would have a tuff time being tolerant and accepting if any of my nieces or my nephew either a) married a Muslim or b) went to journalism school.

Saw a video in which UCLA students were quizzed on their knowledge of the Middle East, specifically of Israel. Item of note: only one of these kids was white. Second item of note: (and I take into account that it was edited for this effect) they were all as stupid about the issue as any slob on Jay Leno's Jaywalking.

Why is it so difficult to create containers, including Pyrex measuring cups, that do not dribble when you pour?

My Blogger stats tell me that there have been over 9000 page views of my blog in the last month. Cannot figure this out.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...