Thursday, February 02, 2012

A man-liking woman

Dr. Helen, wife of the Instapundit and a forensic psychologist, is a woman who likes men. In fact, a lot of her blog is about the androphobia in our cracked and delusional culture. She is pretty smart.

I have seen in couples counseling and I know from sad personal experience, that getting the constant message from your partner that you are always doing things wrong can kill off love as effectively as any of the so-called larger issues. Once a person gets the idea, over and over, on a daily basis, that You Can't Do Anything Right...how long do you think they're gonna stay around? Women are by far the worst perpetrators of this vice, but they have their male counterparts.

She refers to an article about how women use The Death Look. I have seen this, more than once. I have to say that I do not have any respect for it as a tactic. It usually means I Am Very Unhappy and It Is Your Fault and You Had Better Know Why and Fix It or Else. When women do this, I am reminded of Jack Nicholson's answer to how he manages, as a man, to write such compelling female characters: "I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability."

None of the women who are my friends do this. Otherwise we would not be friends. They, too, like men.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...