Tuesday, November 30, 2010

2010

continues to suck.

I got Swine Flu, lost my car, lost the man of my heart, and now I am losing my local grocery store.

First as Cala and then as DeLano's, there has been a grocery store within three blocks of my house for the last twenty years. Open 24 hours. Carries the elixir of life, Canada Dry Diet Ginger Ale. I can stop in on foot and get what I need after work, or after the gym, or whenever.

Now it will be closing in a week or two. No one is saying anything about another grocery business taking it over. Which leaves the closest supermarket about a mile away. And me carless.

All I need now is for my local gym to close*. Damn Obama!

PS. And six months later, that's exactly what happened. Life, since 2010, has basically sucked.

5 comments:

PNWReader said...

That truly sucks. I'd be really depressed if my Trader Joe's went away. Of course, they don't carry the elixir of life, so they wouldn't be a good replacement for you in that space. I thought you had found a car. Have you considered a Montague bike?

UrFrenemy said...

In a previous post, didn't you also mention getting a paper cut, and a parking ticket that left you longing for a hamburger?

Anonymous said...

Please do not be too fretful about the store. I regularly take a 20 minute trek -- about a mile -- to a nearby grocery for many things, and it's not even the closest one.

Tangentially...did you know that our Sacred Paleolithic Ancestors would walk about 20 miles a day on their huntings and gatherings? Some interesting perspective.

--Nathan

Anonymous said...

generic xanax can 2mg of xanax kill you - xanax side effects overdose

Anonymous said...

whoah this blog is great i like reading your articles.

Keep up the great work! You recognize, a lot
of people are hunting round for this information, you could help them greatly.


My web page vestal

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...