Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring

Today is the vernal equinox. Although SF had its equal day and night on the 16th. Always has to be special.

I am lucky to live in a place with such a mild climate that the differences between the seasons are not nearly as dramatic as they are, say, back East or up North. The lemontree in the backyard is full already. The dumb spider who set up her nest on the backdoor lamp where the wasps used to live has managed to survive the winter. And although we've had more rain and chill lately, it's not relentless.

One of my fears is that when I am older and my health inevitably starts to fade, I will be forced to move back to New York near my family. The family is not the problem, but the weather. And I would miss the West.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you move back East, will you have a guest room?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...