Thursday, September 09, 2010

DeAnticipation

My rescheduled trip back East is upcoming this weekend. I am still not at all looking foward to it. Is there such a thing as de-anticipation?

I am very fond of my family --not something you can count on for so many immigrants to San Francisco, immigration being for many a form of running away, often precisely from kin. The first anniversary of my dad's death will happen while I am there. Thick clusters of memories about that, some awful, some awful and sweet. And my mom's health, though improving, remains an issue. Low tide in lots of places. My siblings will be their usual fine and stalwart selves. Trouble is, I am feeling neither fine nor stalwart. Well, maybe they will help me snap out of it.



All too close to home. When you see or hear your life in movies and pop songs, does that mean your are archetypal or a cliche?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...