Saturday, December 21, 2013

Nostalgia in the strangest places

Half watching the very gory and really kinda funny and somewhat disturbing Joss Whedon horror satire The Cabin In The Woods, I heard a piece of music on the soundtrack that I had not thought of in many a year, REO Speedwagon's Roll With The Changes.

It was one of several tunes that, back in the 70's and 80's, used to turn old Ex Cathedra into a dancin' fool. Almost impossible for me to sit still and not boogey (as we used to say.)

Happy driving energy.

REO Speedwagon: Roll With The Changes.

Chicago: Feelin' Stronger Every Day

Jay Geils Band: Freeze Frame

The Pointer Sisters: Neutron Dance and I'm So Excited


Even hearing them now, makes me smile and move.

===

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But it is so ironic, the way that happy-go-lucky tune is playing right when it looks like the [*NO-SPOILER*] is about to [*NO-SPOILS*] the [*NO*]

--Nathan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...