Saturday, December 11, 2010

Hop Rod, not Hip Hop

I am not a big beer drinker. I like the taste well enough, but it fills me up in a heartbeat. I feel stuffed very quickly. I do love an occasional cold one in the hot summers, especially with a fresh tomato sandwich. And a Black and Tan at the ballpark goes down very nicely with sausage on a bun. This past year I tried Bear Republic's Hop Rod Rye Ale after a very pleasant day of hiking with B. (The knucklehead was the occasion for cascades of pleasant days.) Liked the stuff very much.


So tonight I made meatballs (beef, chopped onions, garlic, cumin, breadcrumbs, egg) with tomato sauce and fettuccine. And a glass of Hop Rod Rye. Strong, sharp, very aromatic. Nice stuff.

Is this politics, sex or religion? Well, food may include and transcend them all.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...