Thursday, April 07, 2011

Budgets

It is an oddity of my life that I have handled budget matters very well at work, but my own...well, the less said the better. So I do have some micro-experience with budgets, (from $500,000 to $2 million) having had to create them, get them passed and then run an organization on them for twenty years or so. I did well with them.

Given the mega-massive debt that this country has incurred, I can only imagine that bold and painful and seriously noticeable cuts in spending can deal with it. As was recently pointed out after Michael Moore (shit be upon him) asserted that the money of the country's billionaires was in fact a "national resource" rather than private property, that confiscating the entire fortunes of all the billionaires would not put a dent in the debt.

Democrats, of course, cry that the "most vulnerable" will be murdered. Nancy Pelosi (see Michael Moore) drags out her human shields, starving seniors, homeless children, etc. I have such contempt for these people.

But here's how it seems to me. If a family has a huge debt and their income has limits, then cutting spending is the only way to go. If that means that we eat meat less often, go out less often, only go to the doctor for serious illness...or we get foreclosed and thrown out on the street...well, it seems pretty clear what the choice is.

I have an encounter with Medicare and Social Security upcoming in the next several years. And I ain't rich. Not even comfortable. So it might be hard on me. But hell.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...