Friday, February 19, 2010

A treat

I have a set of B movie actors I have always liked. Treat Williams is one. Especially when younger, he was blindingly handsome.


Like Tom Selleck, though, he had a voice not as strong as his face. And, objectifying homo that I can be, I thought he could have used some gym time to take his decent natural resources to a higher level. He never seems to have found his niche. But the guy has a great face.

Whilst awake in the middle of the night, I found Smooth Talk (1985) on TV. A very telling psychological study of awakening adolescence. Laura Dern is excellent, as is Mary Kay Place as her mother. And the memorable hot guy bad guy is Treat Williams, a charming seducer with both some jerky energy and the skills of a sociopath.




________________________

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...