Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Shallow is as shallow does



The Boyo and I often joke --and it's not entirely a joke-- that while he is shallow, selfish and insensitive, I am deep, selfish and sensitive. It makes both for spark and for misunderstanding. Well, we have the selfishness in common!

I found a post of mine from Fall 2008:
Gimme a strong, square, sturdy and solid man in his fifties
who combines passion and playfulness and I am pretty well
perfectly content.
Still true. Wonder who that could have been? Maybe he's affected me and I have achieved a deeper level of shallowness.

Well, yes and no. For me, the soul and the skin are, at least, contiguous. They often feel identical. No difference.


As William Blake put it:

Man has no Body distinct from his soul; for that call'd Body
is a portion of Soul discern'd by the five Senses, the chief inlets
of Soul
in this age.

__________________________

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...