Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Moments of perspectival diversity

Will & Grace still has some funny moments. In Flip-Flop (2004), Jack introduces Will and Grace to his crusty acting coach Zandra, played by Eileen Brennan.

JACK: Zandra, this is Will and Grace. They're my best friends. Her husband abandoned her. His never existed. Will and Grace, Zandra.

WILL: Hi. We actually met last year. I, uh, I took one of your acting classes. You helped me get through to a very honest place, really excavating those layers that kept me buried emotionally.

ZANDRA: Oh, the crying fag!

_________________

PS. Edie Falco and Chloe Sevigny play a lesbian power couple competing with Will & Grace in flipping condos in NY. Will makes a fake play for Sevigny to break the two women up and she goes for it. At episode's end, the women reconcile and Falco says to her about her mini-fling with Will:

I don't blame you. He's beautiful. He's like a female k.d. lang.

_______________________

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very often very funny writing for that show! ... I still say one of the most interesting things about "Will & Grace," was Eric McCormack's inability to seem gay, including seeming desirous toward a guy. (So much for the myth of the myth of male heterosexuality.) He was thin, elegant, but never even convincingly "metrosexual" in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

Years ago, there was a similar scene on the classic, "My Mother the Car" except Will was Jerry Van Dyke, Grace was the car, and Jack was Wilbur. Or was that "Mr. Ed?"

Anonymous said...

!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...