Sunday, June 13, 2010

Screw progress

When internet or technology companies "improve" their products, they inevitably cut out something I really like.

I used to be able to regulate my cell phone's ringer so that it would go silent after two rings. I have the kind of work where I like to know I have a call but also don't want to be bothered by a lot of ringing. Now none of the new improved phones allow you to regulate the rings. My choice is to turn it off so I don't know someone called or to silence it as soon as it starts ringing. Pisses me off.

Earlier versions of Windows had a small but very useful graphics design program. It upgraded to bigger ones and will not allow you to use the old one. I still miss it.

And Blogger now has added white borders to every picture you upload to your blog. I hate them. I'd just prefer the picture. To remove the border I have to go thru some complicated process...

Screw progress.

___________________

1 comment:

DoDoGuRu said...

I just figured out yesterday that Windows 7 has no "repair connection" feature for internet connections =(. In order to reset your IP address or fix minor internet problems, you have to go through the process of disabling then reinitializing the connection (which is itself a non-intuitive process in Windows 7).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...