Thursday, June 11, 2009

Victims

An article on the front page of one of the SF papers that you get free out of a box. A female to male transgender, "with original plumbing" who likes to recite poetry nude in gay bars and who works as a hooker. S/he "struggles with societal norms." During one session, an HIV+ male client penetrates his/her vagina without latex; s/he does not protest. Then asserts that it was rape. I am unimpressed and unmoved.

As part of a discussion thread on casual sex and gay men, a man "of African descent" who styles himself "misterprofessor69", disgorges himself of a lot of grandiose and highblown pomo jargon, misused and misspelled, in order to secure himself the coveted victim spot so he can feel superior. I remain unmoved by his plight, if irritated by his vocabulary and syntax.

Have I lost my compassion, or do I not waste it on people who feed on it?

_______________________

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...