Saturday, October 04, 2008

Biden my time, cont.


Ace reporter Michael Totten (HT to Real Clear Politics), on Mr Foreign Policy Elder Statesman and the Middle East, namely, Hezbollah. Gaffe-a-day. If Gov. Newcomer Palin did this, it would be all over page one, as was her Katy Couric plotz. Gosh, when I listen to this guy, even I don't like Old White Men.

Crossing 8th Avenue and 21st St yesterday aft and accosted by some idiotchild grinning Obama stumper, it dawned on me that Barack Obama might be president of the republic. I think the blood drained out of my head for a minute. Surreal. Jimmy Carter with teeth and a messiah complex.

I will vote for McCain-Palin, but without enthusiasm. Yet the alternative...I may pay a lot more attention to cuisine and sex and way less to politics.

My brother, a great Europhile, (voting for the above blood-drainer) has apparently been listening to my rants (preceded by a warning, contained to no more than 60 seconds, without any personal attacks and requiring no response pro or con) about the problems of Europe, especially its suicidal demographic and gutless response to the situation that its greedy and arrogantly self-destructive immigration policies have caused.

He was talking to a European colleague he greatly respects and asked him about it. The guy said I was dead on, that Europe was on the way out. And later, during dinner, bro opined that feminism was part of the problem's origin. To my amazement, my sis in law (a smart liberated and wonderful woman) agreed.

I just continued to eat my mozzarella and heirloom tomatoes with olive oil, balsamic and greens. Yummmmm.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...