Monday, July 20, 2009

Alternate evidence

I am pretty clear on the inherent flaws in the human race. And I use this blog often to discharge my irritation about human stupidity.

But, of course, I know very well that humans are also capable of heart-moving goodness. Sometimes you get surprised by it.*

Watching a nature program on supersized fish in the rivers of Mongolia. As an aside, the host points out a small newly-built monastery, not yet occupied. It seems that that "Stalinists" burned the old monastery that had been there for centuries. A standard part of their improvement of the world, including wiping out Buddhism. The new one was built...largely through donations from the tourist anglers who fish the river. And some young monks are being trained in the city to move there soon.

I am easily moved these days and this brought tears to my eyes. Human kindness trying to heal inhuman evil.

*And while I'm at it, although it's no surprise, friends have been good to me of late when I have needed it. That, too, brings tears.

_______________________________

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...