Friday, July 13, 2007

The Seven Pillars of Nothing


My gloomy sense of the West's decline remains intact. I am a man who likes to be right. Here I hope I am very wrong.

The particular form of the negative mother complex now inundating us with the backwash of Marxism is the Leveller Complex: a compulsive need to reduce everyone to sameness, under the guise of justice triumphant. I loathe it. I smell it everywhere.

Multiculturalism, feminism, redistributionism, secularism, transnationalism, pacifism, environmentalism...all facets of this great complex of decline and suicide.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm fully in support of a meritocratic society, but I fail to see how secularism "reduce[s] everyone to sameness."

OreamnosAmericanus said...

The same could be said, say, of pacifism. My point is that these seven tend to cluster together and the combined outcome of all of them flattens identity. There are secularists who are not liberals. Some libertarians, for example. But generally, folks in favor of corralling and muting religion into the private sphere tend to support the drift of the seven.

Ymarsakar said...

Man, that photo... talk about zombie time.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, meant to reply sooner.

Even if I accept that there is a lot of overlap between the populations of the categories secularist and egalitarian (which I assume you consider the over-arching philosophy) that does not conclude that secularism is based on egalitariam priniciples. How does accepting that religious and state institution remain separate assume anything about the worth, merit, and identity of the individual?

Religion is often responsible for the reducing of everyone to sameness you speak of. The idea that we are all sinners and can only obtain salvation through submission and faith regardless of our individual moral behavior is an egalitarian idea.

And nearly all libertarians are secularists.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...