Sunday, July 20, 2014

Tru(ly bad) Blood

True Blood is dying its well-deserved death. I don't know which is worse, the placental plot or the puerile politics. Thank God I can use the skip ahead button. Liberals are so pathetically adolescent.

Tried another gay movie. I won't even name it. As I have oft said before, for a group of people supposed to be so creative, nothing but derivatives and stereotypes and tackiness.

And nothing in conservative propaganda can compare with authentic, homegrown, gay-produced media for portraying characters and behaviors that justify and promote "homophobia." How could any parent look at the portrayal of these characters --and the characters in 95% of gay films-- and not cringe at the thought that a child of theirs might wind up among them?

On a lighter note...

A week ago I was curled up in a one-room cabin high in the Sierras with Mr B, falling off to sleep.


This is him.

Large smile.

---




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The thing that always made me laugh about True Blood was how spectacularly the politics backfired. Conservative characters are portrayed as intolerant bigots for thinking that vampires are soulless, murderous monsters- but every vampire on the show has axed at least one person, and most of those killings were cold-blooded murders. And the vast majority of vampires in the show have little to no empathy for humans. So, was the correct message supposed to be, "Those soulless, ravenous vampires are great! Let's line up and turn ourselves into a smorgasbord for them!" Which, considering the use of vampirism as a metaphor for homosexuality, may actually be true.

I'm pleased to report that my relationship problems may be at an end. I found a guy on Facebook who goes to my school and matches all of my requirements- athletic (OL on the football team), masculine, not flamboyant. My only problem is that I'm not comfortable initiating contact over the internet, and he lives too far away for us to set the groundworks for a relationship. I plan to make contact through my friends on the football team; his sexuality is public on his Facebook page, so I assume that he's "quietly out," as it were. Fingers crossed! :)

-Sean

OreamnosAmericanus said...

Good luck, Sean!

And yes, the actual story line of True Blood completely has contradicted the foreground moral posturing. The H8ers are right.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...