Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Funny

From one of those Even More Evil Than Me blogs:
 “If I tell you that there are powerful people who are oppressing you to defend their own interests, you’ll call me a progressive, a liberal, and a reformer. If I tell you who those people are, you’ll call me a Nazi.”


It has long seemed odd to me that the Under-Representation of certain groups in desirable fields is a cause for hand-wringing and legal action, but the even more massive Over-Representation of other groups in desirable fields --unless it's Generic White Males-- is Beyond The Pale to notice, much less discuss.

Over-Representation of certain groups in un-desirable fields, like prison or school detention, can only be discussed within the orthodox bounds of The Narrative, ie, that it's Our Fault, Not Theirs.

--

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...