Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Muslim RageBoyz


Christopher Hitchens
pulls no punches and puts it nicely today.

I repeat my continuing experience here in SF, that while American Christian Republicans are regularly spoken of with horror and/or contempt, I have never once heard a word spoken in anger against the Muslim jihad and its minions.

Armistead Maupin's new book, Michael Tolliver Lives, is peppered with the most depressingly vain and puerile knee-jerk moralisms about Bush, Iraq, etc. The only Muslim character in the book is a faceless attendant at the old people's home where Tolliver's unforgiven mother is dying. Though never suffering any ill effects, he is cast as an innocent victim of American paranoia.

More on this book another time. I was a painful reading experience for me. And the Tales of the City series once had the feel for me of gay scripture.

Note the slip above. I meant to write, "It was a painful reading experience for me." I think I wrote what it really felt like. Later.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...